Cured silicone can only be removed mechanically from a surface once cured with either a specialist tool or a sharp blade. Alternatively, soak a cloth with turpentine/paraffin and place over the residue. Put a plastic sheet over the cloth to prevent drying and leave overnight. It should be swollen enough to remove.
Articles in this section
- How can I remove a cured sealant?
- Is silicone safe for children?
- How do I clean STANLEY silicone from surfaces before it has set?
- How do I remove mould growth on my STANLEY silicone?
- What mileage can I expect from a 300ml cartridge?
- Will STANLEY silicones break down from UV light and ozone?
- Can Stanley silicone sealant/adhesives be used underwater?
- How do STANLEY silicone sealants react with paint and painted surfaces?
- What is meant by specialty Silicone Sealants?
- Can STANLEY silicone sealants be exposed to harsh cleaning agents?
Please sign in to leave a comment.