Ensure the depth of the sealant is not greater than the width. For larger spaces between the two substrates, including backing material will improve the sealant performance. Smoothing down the sealant with an appropriate tool, will give a better surface appearance. . This step forces sealant into joint surfaces and helps remove air pockets or voids at the bond line.
Articles in this section
- How can I remove a cured sealant?
- Is silicone safe for children?
- How do I clean STANLEY silicone from surfaces before it has set?
- How do I remove mould growth on my STANLEY silicone?
- What mileage can I expect from a 300ml cartridge?
- Will STANLEY silicones break down from UV light and ozone?
- Can Stanley silicone sealant/adhesives be used underwater?
- How do STANLEY silicone sealants react with paint and painted surfaces?
- What is meant by specialty Silicone Sealants?
- Can STANLEY silicone sealants be exposed to harsh cleaning agents?