Unfortunately, it is often difficult to determine the root cause through email as there are many reasons why this may happen. The material covering the wall may affect the tool's accuracy. For example, if there is metal in the paint or wallpaper, it may not be able to distinguish the stud from the outer wall covering. Fresh paint often needs time to cure due to metallic substances used in the manufacturing process. Heavy metal plumbing or electrical will also have the same effect. Please also check to ensure your battery is not low and that the unit was not dropped or harmed in some way. If you still cannot determine the cause of the malfunction, please return the tool to us for repair or replacement. Please send it to: Stanley Tools QA 1000 Stanley Drive, Concord, NC 28027. Be sure to include your name and return address in the package.
Articles in this section
- Can I use other brand filaments in my Stanley Model 1 3D Printer?
- What is a 3D printer filament?
- Are the yellow Stanley brand nailers and staplers covered by the seven year warranty like the Bostitch tools?
- The Outdoor Kitchen
- What shank blade does the Stanley FME340 jig saw use?
- Where can I find information on Stanley Over the Door Hooks?
- I have an old Stanley power tool. Who can I contact regarding this product?
- How can I get a printed catalog mailed to me?
- I can't find one of your products in my local store. Can I purchase it directly through you?
- Where can I find career information and job listings at Stanley?