If the blade cannot be adjusted parallel with the throat of your plane by using the lateral adjustment lever, you may need to readjust the frog on your plane. To do this, remove the lever cap and plane iron from the plane and you should be able to access the screws that hold the frog in place. Some planes may also have a clamp at the back of the frog that will also need to be loosened slightly. Now you can readjust the frog for parallel with the mouth which will help you to align the iron with the lateral adjustment lever. For more information on setting your Stanley plane, please see the attached.https://gts-na--c.na105.content.force.com/servlet/fileField?id=0BEC0000000bmhl
Articles in this section
- Where can I find information on the Stanley 71 Router Plane?
- I have an old Rabbet Plane. Do you have an instruction manual?
- How do I grind a STANLEY plane iron/blade?
- What is the replacement iron used in the 12-220 block plane?
- How to Sharpen & Use the No 80 Cabinet Scraper Plane -12-080
- STANLEY 148 Tongue & Groove Match Plane Instruction Manual
- Where can I find information on Stanley Bed Rock planes?
- Stanley 71 Router Plane Instructions
- Instruction Manual for the No. 9-1/2 and No. 60-1/2 Sweetheart Block Planes
- I have a Number 1 Smooth Plane. Can you give me more information on this old tool?