The plane irons forare made of 3/16" thick A2 tool steel, which means they can hold theiredge longer. The iron is ground to an angle of 25 degrees. The iron is then hardened in a controlled atmosphere to Rc60-62 for wear resistance. The replacement blade # is 12-142.
Articles in this section
- Where can I find information on the Stanley 71 Router Plane?
- I have an old Rabbet Plane. Do you have an instruction manual?
- How do I grind a STANLEY plane iron/blade?
- What is the replacement iron used in the 12-220 block plane?
- How to Sharpen & Use the No 80 Cabinet Scraper Plane -12-080
- STANLEY 148 Tongue & Groove Match Plane Instruction Manual
- Where can I find information on Stanley Bed Rock planes?
- Stanley 71 Router Plane Instructions
- Instruction Manual for the No. 9-1/2 and No. 60-1/2 Sweetheart Block Planes
- I have a Number 1 Smooth Plane. Can you give me more information on this old tool?