It is okay to plane most types of painted wood but the blades may dull faster. For safety and environmental reasons, planing painted wood with lead based or cementitious (waterproofing) paint is NOT RECOMMENDED.
Articles in this section
- Where can I find information on the Stanley 71 Router Plane?
- I have an old Rabbet Plane. Do you have an instruction manual?
- How do I grind a STANLEY plane iron/blade?
- What is the replacement iron used in the 12-220 block plane?
- How to Sharpen & Use the No 80 Cabinet Scraper Plane -12-080
- STANLEY 148 Tongue & Groove Match Plane Instruction Manual
- Where can I find information on Stanley Bed Rock planes?
- Stanley 71 Router Plane Instructions
- Instruction Manual for the No. 9-1/2 and No. 60-1/2 Sweetheart Block Planes
- I have a Number 1 Smooth Plane. Can you give me more information on this old tool?