No, ultrasonic devices which include a laser pointer are effectively the same device because the sound signal is still used to measure the distance. The laser beam pointer is only used as a reference for the center of the cone not to actually measure distance. In some models the outer circle of the sound cone is indicated by the laser so the operator can see all of the obstructions that interfere with a correct measurement ? but they do not correct them. A laser is still the fastest, most accurate and longest distance tool for measuring jobs.
Articles in this section
- Can I use other brand filaments in my Stanley Model 1 3D Printer?
- What is a 3D printer filament?
- Are the yellow Stanley brand nailers and staplers covered by the seven year warranty like the Bostitch tools?
- The Outdoor Kitchen
- What shank blade does the Stanley FME340 jig saw use?
- Where can I find information on Stanley Over the Door Hooks?
- I have an old Stanley power tool. Who can I contact regarding this product?
- How can I get a printed catalog mailed to me?
- I can't find one of your products in my local store. Can I purchase it directly through you?
- Where can I find career information and job listings at Stanley?